To be a mother...

365 days of my life with Benek and Haylaz…

As an animal lover; I prefer dogs but one year ago today; I met with four little ones. They were just a bit bigger than a mice (each one of them was app 150 gr!); the eyes even did not get opened yet and the storm was coming soon…


I was scared even to take them to my hand at the beginning to do not hurt them; they were so tiny! But I had no other choice when the mother did not appear for hours. I had two options; I was going to leave them to die (which is impossible); Or I would be their mother. And without any hesitation; I've been their mother one year ago today.

They should been born on 17 March, according to the veterinarian. To me, they were born on 28 March 2018; one year ago today. If we hadn't found them that day; They would have died. That's why 28 March is their birthday for me.

Two of them met with their permanent families in Antalya. With Benek and Haylaz; a family from Germany wished to take them but had some problems at last minute. Some of people around me said that “They are stray cats; let them to the streets” but how? They do not know anything; not cars, not people, not other animals, not how to find food; to leave them to the streets mean also to leave them to the die! I've never let anyone down who ever believed me. I said I'm their mother; their mother until death do us part.



Yes, this process was very difficult; especially the nursery bottle period of milk; and take care of their toilets. Always put hot water with bottles to do not let them cold. Yeah; Sometimes I wanted to make them meatballs, yes sometimes I'm so exhausted from insomnia and fatigue. But it was worth every moment for a year.













Happily, we found you, happily we took you out of that rain channel, happily I became your mother. Happy birthday my kids, I am so glad for that you are my children…

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY...



Comments