Danilovgrad; International Symposium of Sculpture

Good evening,

As I wrote on my previous note, we have a holiday season here to celebrate Ramadan and due to unscheduled staying at Turkey I could not find a baby sitter for sweet hearts.

So, we are sleeping,


We are having fun;

Since years, I did not spent time at home that much hence it is quite different for me!

This holiday period gave me oppurtunity to rest a bit and write about less known part of Danilovgrad.

Danilovgrad is located by and between two big cities of Montenegro; Podgorica and Niksic.

As known by many of you, Podgorica is the capital city. Against to a big part of the world capital cites, did not get surrendered to the concrete. The capital city has huge parks, lots of trees also a river crossing almost in the middle. 

Housing to several exhibitions and concerts. Starting now on, I will publish on my twitter account to introduce them as much as I can. Also even you can follow a big part of them on the web page of Podgorica Tourism Information.

Last time, when I was at Zelcestan, passed by the sculpture exhibition. Several times I saw then but was not know that this is traditional exhibition since 1972; 47 years! 

The information was given as every year the artists from all around the world comes to join this event; "International Symposium of Sculpture" between the dates of September until October. Another new information for me was the stones are coming from Danilovgrad mountains which is app one km distance from exhibition area.


I am adding only one photo of this exhibition; then you can come to take your own photos 😉

It is very easy to find the exhibition area; just find this bridge and just before the bridge, on the right side you can see the sculptures exhibiting at open area.




If you love to take nature photos; Danilovgrad will be the best place to do that for 12 months! The water is as a glass and gives a perfect mirror effect to the photos.


Another information about Danilovgrad; if you a pizza lover as me; do not forget to stop by Obala Restaurant which is located (has a hidden path to the entrance) at on the left side of the bridge. (PS: The restaurant has huge windows; which permits to get good photos from inside too)


Just a small reminder about driving safety regulations; 0.3 alcohol is permitted at Montenegro; if you are driving, please do not drink. There plenty buses operating by and between Podgorica - Danilovgrad and Niksic hence even you do not need to come with a car. You can come with public transportation and discover the city by foot. 

In case of the requirement, there are two hotels located on the main way and mostly has availability. You can stay at one of them if you wish to spent more time. 

Have a nice day,
Zel

Comments