"Never give up; Stand up for your rights"

Good afternoon,

As I wrote in January, When I was waiting for my flight from Istanbul to Podgorica, the flight got delayed first and then cancelled. Turkish Airlines said that "due to weather conditions at Podgorica Airport the flight got cancelled."

I always rent the car before I go to avoid any problem and install package to my phone to be able to stay available. When they announced for cancellation; got in touch with the rent a car company first but due to regulations; the cancellations less than two days time is no show for them hence I lost the amount what I paid for. Then walked in and around almost at every steps of Istanbul Ataturk Airport based on the given information by Turkish Airlines ground service.


Three hours of walking all around the airport, arrived to the ticket sale and get number with hope to fly in the evening. After an argument with the ticket sale (they offered only one day change but my boss has to be who decide the annual leave dates; not Turkish Airlines) they accepted to change with new dates dated on two weeks after.

When they cancelled the flight; I lost the rent a car payment at Podgorica airport, phone package, to be able to fly back to home bought another domestic ticket for Istanbul - Antalya - Istanbul (even they wrote my name wrong on the ticket; thank to God I saw that at the airport!), another taxi fee, food, beverage, etc.

Normally also it has to be their responsibility to service food and drink during this delay and cancellation but they never did anything even one glass of water! But they claimed to the committee as they did; another lie!

When I was waiting fro new domestic flight from Istanbul to Antalya; checked Podgorica Airport and got a shock; Turkish Airlines cheated us very badly; All the flight landed and take off almost on time on that date; only Turkish Airlines got cancelled until noon and the flight should arrive app 08:00 in the morning!

The screenshot of the all flight of  Podgorica Airport dated on 10th January.


When I saw this I really got angry; Asked them to reimburse my loses but still they continue cheating  and wrote as "cancellation due to air conditions the flight cancelled hence they do not have any responsibility"

In Turkey, we have a Consumer Arbitration Committee; I applied there with all proofs with the hope of justice and reimburse all my expenses such as food, rent a car, additional ticket, etc.

But the official airline of Turkey; Turkish Airlines gave the wrong information even there and gave the same excuse and informed the committee as of they did all their responsibilities! They only change the international ticket after my insisting for that; except than this nothing! Now the Consumer Arbitration Committee and Turkish Airlines are saying that I ca go to court for that.

I send another petition to the  related ministry and Civil Aviation Organisation to ask for the same. even shared with my lawyer too. I spent my years and lot's of money at courts while searching for my rights; also therefore I am toooooo tired! I want such a simple life in peace and serenity; that is all!

My question is; is the weather was so bad at Podgorica Airport on that date; how all other flights took off or landed; if the weather was not bad not much why Turkish Airlines cancelled the flight. If the cause of cancellation was something else why do I have to pay for this?

and once more; where are you justice?

"Never give up; stand up for your rights" Bob Marley

Comments