Products of Zelcestan

Good morning,

As you guess the days are quite busy and tight. Today saw my neighbours while they were having a walk and their smallest child which is two years old were dressing a sleeveless blouses and shorts. Me; today started to use half sleeves t-shirt with a thick vest; no way for sleeveless t-shirts or short yet;I am freezing!

The weather conditions were not good for almost ten days, this caused delay on gardening tasks but more and worse than this the rain and strong wind damaged a big part of the fruits. Normally the apple trees had a few thousands of flowers when they bloomed but after that ten days; it is possible to count the left of the flowers on them 😭
The butterfly was also such an amazing model for this photo 😍

To be able to handle the temperature difference by and between day and night, made type of cold frame gardening protection for front garden. Still has to be evaluated but there is no minus hence for now would be OK (hopefully)
Planning to make a better frame for the winter gardening. As far as I have seen and understood, especially on the sourcess; these type of the gardening is in common use at north which is much more colder than here.

At the end finished the digging and shaping part of the hillside.
It took longer than expected due to weather conditions. Today started to add supports with bamboos and wood but my 10 cm nails finished; tomorrow have to go and buy some more. I guess all hardware shops know me very well 😁

After supporting the steps, then filled up the same as I did at garden path. Trying to do two layers on this part to make it stronger. Yesterday when I was speaking with a friend, saw that a snake is getting inside of the eexcavation; did not see the head therefore do not know if poisonous or not but do not have rush to see the snake or even snakes, I can wait to do the stone part 😁

One of my nephew, Cagla send me a video link about bamboos. I never heard about that; to cook and eat bamboos. Always saw as furniture, kitchen items or even chopsticks; on the plate; nope.

When I search on internet (thank to Google) saw that bamboo is in use very often at far east named bamboo shoots or takenoko; I am really surprised!

Listen the advice of my nephew and made more searches then collected the fresh bamboo sprouts and cut them to dry to use later on.



As I mentioned several times, have to use all opportunities of Zelcestan to reduce expenses; so already started to do that. With these bamboo dries I will have vegetable for soup also for meat or chicken meals. Also it was written on internet a good addition for omlet; will be delicious 😊

Yesterday collected some wild figs to make jam; this is also first time of my try.


Based on the recipe I used, added cinnamon sticks to make it more delicious.

Yes, all that works at house and garden creates lots of tiredness; some of the nights I fell into sleep around 8! But on other hand; when I see the result can say that all these tiredness worth everything ❤

Now it is time move; as usual sweet hearts are running, jumping, fighting to enjoy with mommy.

Have a nice day and take care
With love
Benek & Haylaz & Zel

Comments