A simple life; all what I need

Good afternoon,

As I wrote previously I been worked at mega yacht manufacturing sector for more than 14 years. I was in the middle of the "luxury" and "coorporate" life and also witnessed lot's of things which turns my stomach very badly. 

After all these experiences, I started to dream a simple, basic life in the middle of no where (actually a heaven for me). The main aim is to create garden with all colours of the world and a sinple life which circles internally. My knowledge from manufacturing sector is quite usefull for me. I have my own toolbox and handling everything with pleasure. Could not handle yet but the storey at garden will be workshop when finished 😉

As you know I bought this house app three years ago. Time to time came to carry personal belongings and handle a few tasks. Except than this all stayed as it is even the garden. This is causing delays; if you fall in love with nature, you can not leave, you have to pay attention all the time or have to spent more effort to win the love of nature again (this is exactly my situation).

Still I am glad, not too much but already started to harvest the products of Zelcestan such as bamboo roots, rosemary for winter, fruits, etc. The vegetables did not grow yet but I am hopeful. Apples, kiwis and Japanese apples are growing; slowly but for me lovely.

Mostly I receive questions about the main food requirements. The closest market is app 10 km away. I make my list and go shopping once a week. The Nas Diskount market at Podgorica is a bit cheaper than all others hence do my best to make main shopping from there. 

One of the neighbour said that is possible to buy milk from the farm directly. Actually this was what I think about that. The yogurt at Montenegro is a bit different than what I was using at Turkey. More liquid and mostly you drink it from bottle. In Turkey we mix yogurt and water and make ayran; perfect drink during the hot summer days and nights to refresh. The yogurt of Montenegro was so similar to ayran for me.

We walked with neighbour to the farm and bought milk. Such a pity nobody doesn't have yeast to make yogurt therefore I created my own solution. Use a piece of clean cotton to drain the yogurt what I have at home. With this way had a less watered yogurt which can be used as yeast. I was not sure about that but it worked and I have a pan of real yogurt now 😊
Of course sweet hearts are always around to check what mama is doing 😻😻

Another main food is bread I guess. 10 km is quite far to buy the bread daily. In January, before I have the residence permit and buy my car, went to market with a friend who has car. Upon his advice, I bought a 25 kilo packed flour with lot's of hesitation as how to consume all. After Corona and restrictions; that flour was incredibly helpfull for me. 

During the winter I make bread, cake, etc at wood stove. Since I stopped using wood stove, started to make bread with pan. 
This time added some fresh rosemary to the bread; you have to try this 
Leave them as this for a while until they are cold enough to go to fridge.

Take out one and heat at the pan and have fresh bread at breakfast


Here, at Zelcestan; I do my best to evaluate everything. The green onions what I planted to the bottom garden were not happy and almost stopped growing. Normally it has to be opposite; first you plant to the pot then to the garden but again I did the opposite and took them out from the garden and planted to this multi holed bottle. Used the fertilized soil hence quite hopeful to have them soon even during the winter. I really love garlic and onion. I guess will make another one for garlic too 😁

So, today it is raining a bit; this means stay inside. Maybe I can take a walk with rain coat, we will see.

Now Benek is sleeping under my knee and Haylaz is on the top of wardrobe (This time Benek kicked him out).

She is more then 2 but still wants to suck fingers before fall into sleep 😍

Have a sunny day,
Benek & Haylaz & Zel

Comments