Autumn at Balkans

 Good morning from mostly rainy Balkans,

Almost since from 15 days we have rain. The small river behind of the house is already flooded.


I remember as it was in February when the river flooded and almost entered to my garden. Due to my bad experience at Antalya (three times flooded house due to negligence of the government authorities); rain is a but scary for me. Locals are saying that since 30 years they never had that here; hopefully never have also.



The road of one neighbours' house is passing over a small bridge. This part was almost dry 15 days ago and now the water level started to increase. She said that during winter even March the water is much more than this and time to time over the bridge; such a nightmare for me!.

Montenegro is one the country which has the strong winds. Zelcestan is on a valley hence the wind is much more stronger. This means problem when you are using a stove to heat during freezing nights.



I brought this from Turkey; it was so good at the beginning but most probably due to all that minus celcius nights stopped turning even during strong wind. Two time I woke with smoke filled house which creates problem to breath!

After searches on internet saw that dragon chimney cap is the best solution. Saw that at GINTAS when I went to buy food for Haylaz and bought it also.



For this type of requirements GINTAS located at Podgorica centre can be a good solution for you.

Normally I handled almost all jobs of Zelcestan (except than the roof and electricity) but when I was loading this part; first time I wished to have a manpower at home. I used two extensions to make it higher then made a U shaped support to tight it to avoid and damages during the strong winds. All these can be a bit difficult when you are on the top of the stairs!


Hard is easy; impossible takes time! Yes, I did it 😉

Preparations of the winter still continue. I can be named a pickle monster. Eats more less 50 kilos per year and mostly during the winter. Believe in as vinegar, sugar, salt mix with all that garlic gives immunity to the body. 



When I see fresh ginger can not stop my self to make ginger pickle! Yummy yummy 🤤

Today will go to city with one of neighbour to see the wood prices. Wish me luck! They say that minimum 8 m3 I need; hopefully not!

Take care and stay safe

Zel







Comments