Preparations for winter life

 Good morning,


The day started quite early as usual thank to Haylaz!. Next eight more weeks will be the same until he is fully covered and starts to eat normal food. Now they are eating different foods (I can not afford the same food for both; it is quite expensive for my budget) hence I have to wake up minimum three times per night to feed them. Otherwise Haylaz starts to push me and cry. If I put them outside of the room Benek starts to jump to the door to open and mostly she does.

05:30; bon apetit my dears!

As you guess, I love homemade foods especially pickles. Last two years could not make due to possibility of moving to Montenegro. When I make pickle; make really a lot!

Once, one of my friend from France asked for that of I am pregnant or not; cause of that I am eating a lot like pregnant women. (App 50 kilos just per winter and a bit during the year). 🤤

Using plastic bottles to make it and gave away my ones at Antalya and could not find here for a long time. Also lemon salt (type of crystal salt) was not possible to find here. Thank to one of friend whose son was coming from Turkey brought 250 grams for me; now that is my treasure for pickle. Then bought vegetables from HDL market.


Yessssss; five small bottles for now also this year try the onion pickle first time. Onion and garlic are the quins of my kitchen and believe in onion pickle will be delicious too. 

Dried some fruits and vegetables within July and August, now have pickle and will make some jam today.

Also saw rosehip and cranberries on the roads, will make a long walk with a few plastic bags soon.

It was not easy to find plastic bottles for pickles. Found and Gintas, type of shopping mall located at the center of Podgorica. The closed area on ground floor is for fruit, vegetable, dry food, flowers, etc. Type of fresh market. Outside of the ground floor hosting to the home materials such as kitchen utensils, carpets, cleaning materials, etc. Friday will go to doctor for Haylaz and will buy five more bottles just in case 😁

The closed area on first floor full of shops mostly selling clothes, electrical items (lights, chandelier, etc), also home textile. Outside of the second floor has several shops and selling piping, heating, camping, electric, watering materials. 

The north wind is crazy at Zelcestan. When it starts forget to use the stove. If it starts when stove is burning; then open all windows for air circulation. Last winter two nights I woke with smoke filled house which was causing problem to breath. Do not want to experience the third time!

I bought a turning chimney cap; it was working properly at the beginning but then when we had minuses; the center got frozen and stopped turning.

Used WD40 and some mechanical oil but did not work same as beginning. Based on internet sources I was looking for dragon chimney cap and found at Gintas. I have to fix the chimney cap before winter starts. The problem is also there is a beehive inside of chimney and I never want to bother them 😁


On Friday received the fertilizer and placed on a corner on the garden. To protect from direct sun and rain covered with a plastic. I need to speed up and finish the lotus shaped flower space on the front garden and cold frames for veggies and greens on the back garden. 

Mostly I am using the materials whatever I have in hand. Do not have anything for hatches; have to find out something immediately to finish the cold frames and place plants/seeds inside 🤞

So, I will enjoy with my coffee now then will start to the tasks.

Take care and stay safe
Benek & Haylaz & Zel




Comments