Relations with neighbours

Good morning another rainy Montenegro,

Since days it is mostly rainy and meteorology is saying that will be longer. At the end I will be a fish with fins I guess!

When I was living in Turkey, neighbouring was a disaster for me. You can not imagine how many times, which problems I faced 'cause of that I am an alone woman. Even on my last apartment I rent; they did not want to rent to me "if I create problem"! Just ridiculous!

Before I move to Montenegro, had several questions in my mind. Especially I chosen a small village to create my life. Before buy the house made several searches about crimes, traffic, woman abuse, etc. But still was a bit stressed.

When I was here time to time to carry my personal belongings, started to communicate (at least I tried; thank to Google translate 😁) with neighbours. And after almost nine months here, met with more neighbours with very good relation. That is not a matter for them as I am alone or married. They care my personality which also heals my faith to the humanity. 

Last week made sutlac (a traditional Turkish sweet; with milk, rice, sugar and vanilla) amd took to the neighbours. Then one of neighbour made tulumba and brought to me. I give back her plate with red onion pickle. She let me cut a pumpkin from the garden. Another neighbour invited for rakija production; not to help but to drink.

Tested and approved 😁

In the afternoon went to another neighbour who gave me animal fertilizer for garden to give some seeds. This year mostly made the cleaning and desing of the garden; believe in that next year; after fertilizer the garden will turn a rainbow! 

They have a lot pumpkin outside but mostly using for feeding pigs. For me; I can do a lot with pumpkin such as soup, jam, cake (in the winter, I have only wood stove which includes oven), cook... They also gave me a pumpkin and now this is my table;


As you guess; the liquid in the bottle is not water. Neighbour gave rakija which will be good during cold nights!

After several delay, we came here on 29th December with sweet hearts. The water heater in the kitchen was not working. It is one of the difficulties I faced here, at Montenegro; not easy to find technical support or repair. One of neighbour said that he can check. Most probably my eyes flashed when I heard this. Last winter, when I was washing the dishes; my hand were red and purple due to ultra cold temperature of the water. He found that out the resistance which heats the water got broken. We went to Danilovgrad to find with no success then on Friday I found it at Podgorica. And he fixed them all and now I have hot water in the kitchen; yuppppiiieee!

Several times I tried to find someone and was thinking to create a budget to buy a new one. I can do a lot but with electric; I am minus!. 

One of neighbour was cleaning plum to make jam. We helped her and she gave us plum. 


And that plums turned to jam already and placed for winter. Also there are plenty cranberry trees around. Made a small visit to the trees then;

Home made cranberry jam is ready!

This is so delicious; homemade yogurt with homemade cranberry jam! Perfect to refresh your body. 

I saw rosehips placed on the sides of the road. One of the neighbour who speaks English said that they do not take anything from trees located on the road sides. After 14 years work experience at industry and production sector in the middle of all those chemicals; these trees are much more cleaner I believe. So, still I have plans for rosehips 🤤

Here, at Zelcestan; we are so lucky to have good neighbours and good relations. Thank you 😇

Take care and be well

Zel 


Comments