Preparations for winter and gardening tasks

Good evening from a rainy Montenegro,

Almost since days we have just a twilight sky and mostly rain. As a Mediterranean person; I need sun a bit to fill my batteries.


Normally at the end of last winter built this green house to the bottom part of the garden after cleaning of the thorn jungle. All was settled up perfectly; except than one point;

I did not get into consideration the freezing weather of Balkans! This ice was with us more less three days!

I tried to use endless candles etc to heat the green house for seeds and baby plants with no success. They did not grow more than 3cm!

For this year, have baby plants such as roses.


Also roses have seeds but it takes forever to grow from seed and take flowers. The best way is to use the thick branches of the roses to have new plants.

I was always planting roses during spring; first time making during autumn and based on advices of the neighbours was looking for a solution. 

Closed a big part of the open areas which has perfect sun during the winter and also has wall on the north side. I will wait to close the door part but will continue to finish inside such as adding shelves, hangers, etc. This are (hopefully) will be quite useful for the plants 🤞

It was also possible to grow seeds and keep plants in safe during freezing winter but due to my experiences with catkids; never ever again! 


Yesterday, at the end I took the first growth fruit of Zelcestan; a watermelon;

Maybe to name it as "Watermelon JR" can be more right 😁


Since years I did not eat a watermelon delicious this much; 100% organic 🤤

This small steps are the beginning of a marathon hence quite important for me. Did I say that was so delicious?

Take care and stay safe

Benek & Haylaz & Zeliha






Comments