Neighbouring at Zagorak

Good evening from freezing Balkans 

Still I could not adopt to the climate but I will πŸ™πŸΌπŸ€žπŸΌ

Several times I received the same question; why not on the seaside of Montenegro, why in a small village on the north part of the country.


First of all, when I saw the advertise of the house on internet; I said yes and fallen in love with the house and environment. This is more than what I want and what I need. A small house, a small garden, a lot peace and serenity.

It was such a big challenge for me to take this step, to handle them all. Then my cat kids entered to my life suprisely. It was the biggest and hardest duty I ever had and thank God almost since three years we are together. They make my life more colorfull ❤

Before Zelcestan, I was living at Antalya. A very crowded city, almost 2.5 million civilisation, one million registered cars, a chaotic atmosphere. Day by day losing my power and hope. Hence never think twice after I saw the house.

It is almost 11 months since started to live here. The closest city is more than ten kilometres distance which means not easy to access everything easily such as markets for food and beverages. Sea is approximately 90 kilometers far away.

At Antalya, Mediterranean was 800 meters distanced from my home also several markets were only five to 15 minutes walking distance.

On other hand; there was not neighbouring there even difficulties with humanity. 

Here, at Zagorak everything is a car drive distance. But neighbours just on the next door which is so good for me.

One of neighbour left this to me to be planted on my garden
Another neighbour collected persimmons and left a big bag to my door.
Another neighbour brought sour cherry leaf liqueur (you have to try this from locals)

A neighbour gave pomegranate juice (I am making liqueur with and Benek is watching for quality control)

I have more samples about neighbouring at Zagorak; at rural and north part of Montenegro. The south and coastal side is also good but not same as here. 

Of course also I am sharing whatever I have like seeds, car drive, crafts, etc. Also do my best to learn the language and culture πŸ˜‡




If one day your way pass by Montenegro; do not forget or skip the north. Zeta River, Ostrog Monastery, Old bridge and more will be here to impress you.

Take care and stay safe
Benek &Haylaz & Zel

Comments