How to prepare a testament at Montenegro

Good morning from another rainy day,

I also wish to share my experiences for official procedures at Montenegro such as to prepare a testament.

Against to the car purchase, you do not need to have a residence permit or Montenegrin ID number to prepare a testament. Your passport is more than enough for the procedure. Same as all around the world; If you are not able to to read, write and speak the official language of the country, you have to have an official translator. The list of the translators are published on the web page of the notary association or even you can ask to the consulate or embassy of your country at Montenegro to take this information.

If you wish to issue a real estate to your testament, you have to have original documents from nekretnine which proofs your ownership. Same for the car, or etc. 

As far as I discovered, there are two ways to prepare a testament; you can write and get approval from the court (they do not check or correct anything; just approve the documents hence if you make any mistake while writing the testament, can be a lot problem for your beloved ones)

My only worry was Benek and Haylaz; all settled up. If I pass away before them; they will be protected and have a life with serenity. Do not know if can be loved as I love; I grow them since 10th day of their lives 😟

I do not have a biological child and not married. Notary especially warned me as of based on laws; if someone goes with two witnesses will be accepted as officially married and have the rights. To avoid this I put the names of the beneficiary only. 

When I prepared my testament, made two small mistakes; did not put the funeral details and the car was missing. Have to add these two details asap to complete it. 

After your pass away, the one whose name/s written kn the testament has/have to go to notary association with apostilled dead certificate then they release the testament. The rest of the process has to be solved by beneficiary.

Based on the laws, foreigners accepted to be buried at Montenegro, this is also my wish. The only problem is I do not want any religious process. It was very big problem in Turkey. Also would be great if someone can play the song "My Way" from Frank Sinatra;

 "Regrets, I've had a few

But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exception
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
Oh, and more, much more than this
I did it my way"
Take care and stay safe,
Benek & Haylaz & Zel




Comments