Negative points of Montenegro

 Good morning still raining Montenegro,

I am always writing about positive sides; what about the negative sides of the country? 

The weather is the most difficult challenge for me; especially after Mediterranean part of Turkey. Normally during winter we have maximum +7/8 there (on the coastal side). But here, at Balkans saw -14 (yes minus 14) last winter. And neighbours are saying that even they had temperature lower than this. Hopefully will not experience that 😁

More than 20 days it is still raining and I am feeling like a fish! There is no middle with the weather. When it is windy; it is windy (45 km speed last week), when it is rainy; it is rainy (more than 20 days and still more on the way), when it is cold; it is cold (the ices did not get melted for several days last winter).



Normally there is no river here, just a small line which is possible to cross by foot. 


The rain gave a break today and this is the level of the water. Still a lot but at least calming down. 

Due to negligence of the Antalya Konyaalti municipality, my home got flooded three times within 20 months in Antalya. After four years of argument with the authorities I gave up and sold the house (this gave me opportunity to buy this house). Therefore flooding is a nightmare for me; hopefully never ever again.

For me, another negative part of Montenegro is parking. Normally they are quite responsible and respectful at traffic but several times I witnessed that they just open the emergency lights and speak on the phone (this is not normal when you make ut at traffic lights and on the middle lane), park on the road infront of the market and go shopping, even park inside of the round. That was the most ridiculous one for me. 

Except than these two, I have problem with spices. As of I am from Adana, one of the southeast city of Mediterranean which has quite rich kitchen especially by spices. Also brown wheat, hot pepper sauce are another missing part from my kitchen. 

Every time I fell to the same trap; when I see this brown sugar get happy until I recognise that this is not brown wheat 😔

I might have to go to Turkey within January, due to Corona virus do not know yet but hope to bring at least two kilos of the wheat and pepper sauce and dry mint and a few more spices 😁


Take care and stay safe

Benek & Haylaz & Zel



Comments