DIY vertical flower pot

 Good morning from an early started day.

As you guess cat kids did not let me sleep in the morning (woke me up at 05:30) then they started to sleep.

Do you want cats? 😁

So, yesterday placed tire recycled flower pots around the seedlings.

Day by day the dream is coming true and the heaven is having more colours. I will start to collect the tires from roads which thrown by people.

Yesterday one of my nephew, Cagla send me a video for vertical flower pot. When I empty the storage also found a piece of PVC pipe and was planning to do vertical flower pot but motivation was missing. When saw the video I said yes to the pot.

First of all cut the broken part and het 125 cm pipe. Draw four vertical lines to split the pipe equally.

Then made horizontal cuts with metal saw. To opposite lines need to match hence two opposite lines started from 7.5 cm high and other two started 15 cm high. And followed each other with the same distance.
Neighbour gave his heat gun for establishment of the dropping watering system. This gun is a must if you are planning to do this pot.

Heat the cut and place a wooden stick to form it. The cuts are quite sharp, I recognised that when I cut my finger hence better to be careful.
Almost there...

You will need a pot to be used as a stand. Later on will put stones to the bottom to make it heavy and more stabilized. Also will need another pipe to place from the middle and tight for watering. An important tip; put the holes on the watering pipe from smaller to larger from bottom to top. With this way, with the help of gravity the watering will be equally.

Have no single idea when this little guest get inside of the pipe. Thank God did not cut or put hole on it.

Put the seeds of strawberry, basil and green salad in to the viyols, if I can find more pipes planning to make a few more towers for petunias and a few more flowers.


And award of the day. Definitely deserved it. 
Take care,
Zel 
 


Comments