Growing roses from branches

 Good morning after a rainy night

Since three days it is raining but this time I am using the rain. When you use fertilizer on the garden, you have to water it as much as you can. And yes; I put the fertilizer and rain handles the rest and this is such a good opportunity for garden.

Until now I have approximately 30 roses on the garden. Planning to make a natural fence around the garden. As far as I know three of them this dual coloured one. Bought six hokus pokus roses (known also as magician roses) which has mix colours (the crown in my spirit can not resist to mix colours), two pink roses, two of them white climber roses; the rest I do not know yet. I grew them from branches since October and since one month planting them to the garden.

That is so lovely for me!

How to grow roses from branches? 

By and between September and March, perfect timing to trim the roses to prepare to the new season. I collected the rose branches from streets. Mostly people cut and throw into the bin or place on the side of the bin.

Clean the leafs and cut them approximately a pencil size. To seal the top of the sticks you can use wood glue,  sealer or even candle. The main aim is to seal the top and avoid lose of humidity. (This rule is valid with all growing from branches).

If you can find IBA (Indole butyric acid which supports the sticks to have roots immediately) could be easier. Due to Corona bans and measurements I have limited options hence did not use it. But still had 50% achievement with roses.

Here, at Montenegro we have a cold climate hence kept them inside of a closed area where I prepared at storage room. The temperature is minimum 5°C more than outside. This lets branches and plants to have humidity and warm atmosphere.

When you see the roots as this from outside of the pot; that means you have a rose plant and you can transfer to the garden. Even possible to plant branches directly to the soil (I have eight roses grew as this) but I advise to try this method after February if you are living in a cold climate as me.


I am so excited to listen the symphony of the colours at garden this summer. Believe in as feel be unforgettable...

Take care and stay safe,

Benek & Haylaz &Zel










Comments

  1. Thank you for this good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my pleasure; hopefully will be helpfull πŸ€žπŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment