Village life at Montenegro

 Good afternoon from a cloudy day,

Thank God, since more less 10 days we allowed to leave the city and enter to Podgorica which was quite important for me especially on these days.

At the end, bought the summer tyres and the supplier installed them after balance. This expense effected to my budget quite a lot but on other hand for a safe trip it was a mandatory. "Thank"to corona we are at home mostly which means almost no expense except than required item purchases such as market and construction materials.

As wrote before, the pipes of the stove was not in a good condition, I used them since three years and now they are asking for replacement. 

Normally the price was 5.90 Euros but once more "thanks" to corona bans, the prices increased incredibly and;

Due to end of the season they started to make a discount but still expensive hence I was waiting for Podgorica and yesterday bought exactly the same material with the amount of 4.90 Euros (need 6 plus connections). When you calculate the monthly cost; these small amounts are turning a small hill and while you are unemployed each cent has a value. 

Planning to make a concrete chimney to outside. After several correspondences with a local supplier. Received the wrong offer but seems will be quite expensive than I guessed. Even checked the prices on another construction market yesterday and need to make calculations also think about how to reduce those cost if I can.




Lot of people, especially men do no believe in as I do them all alone but yes, I do. Still could not find what to do, how to do but I know that I need to do; we will see.

Before I move to Montenegro, faced with lot's of complains as of not a good country. Today, once more I saw that they are wrong. Went to one of the neighbour and they offered frozen figs. I have black one but love white figs. Asked them if possible to cut a branch then I can try to make grafting to my black fig. He said no and;

Instead of cutting a branch; he gave me four baby fig! 

Even my choice, to live on a small village was a question for people while a big part of the foreigners are choosing the coastal side. Coastal side of Montenegro also so beautiful but first of all not providing what I want (I love the wild beauty part of Montenegro), and need a higher budget than what I have. 

Asparagus; Meal of tonight and tomorrow already provided from nature; I do not think so would be fresh and good this much on seaside due to conditions. Even kantaron oil, herbal teas, dry fruits, pekmez... all free, fresh and organic here, directly from nature.

I completely respect to your choice but here, at Zagorak and Zelcestan we are happy to be and to live.

Take care and stay safe

Benek & Haylaz & Zel


Comments