Hot and hotter days at Balkans...

Good evening from burning Balkans,

As wrote before, I lived at Antalya for 15 years due to work. Yes, Antalya was quite hot, even time to time we saw 55 Celcius under the shadow, flowers were looking like burnt. 

And here, since from several days even we have quite hot weather. Everyone is asking for that when did I go to the beach and mostly do not understand when I say that I had my tan skin cause of chimney 😁

Do my best to use different shoes while working outside but still have colours on my foot and arms!

This noon measured 41 at shadow and 44 under the sun. Afternoon was more hot than noon. Due to wasp bite, still my right arm is swollen and painful hence do my best to stay inside to rest it with cold compresses.

Of course to stay inside does not mean do nothing, just less power needed works such as make pickle 🤤

Originally I am from Adana; one of the southeast city of Turkey which is well known consume hot; I mean really hot foods and spices. Here, at Montenegro I bought a few hot sauces but they were all sweet for me. Even jalapeno pepper what I found a few times were not hot as I love. 

On Tuesday went to Podgorica to buy food for cat kids and saw sumborka paprika at HDL market. Feferoni pickle and sumborka only two pepper I have here which are a bit OK for my kitchen. Bought five kilos and made some pickle. Perfect timing; I was suffering with the end of the pickle.

To have more pickle was also important to make kisir; one of the traditional summer dish from my home city. Brown bulgur (even bulgur) is one of the rare item here (50 cent kilo in Turkey and here found only in one place after almost two years with the price of 5 Euros; a real rubbery! Found somewhere else and wrote them to see if they have but no answer since a week)  with hot pepper sauce. Thank to Sarikaya family they brought for me and I make it directly.

Normally planned to eat in two times but, just but 😜

Even a friend from Podgorica gave small dried chilly peppers. I cleaned them to be able to take the seeds before I use them and they were the best hot peppers I ever had here!

They are like to take a French kiss from a dragon! Definitely I have to grow this gorgeous taste for my kitchen! 

So, if the weather and my arm permits me, will continue to the construction of the heaven. 

Take care and stay safe,
We








Comments