I must continue

 Good morning from another early started day.

After burying Danilo just after his brother, could not make anything except than crying. I hate small graves since ever and I have 7 small babies buried on my garden! Every time breaks my heart but on other hand did not want their bodies get bothered or destroyed by other animals. 

On other hand, I have two at home, three bigger kittens and their mother also latest member of small kittens family; need to stand up for me but more than this for them. 




After end of burning days, nature started to breathe. This summer was really so hot due to sun but more than this fires; same as all around the world. 

We have to plant more trees than before if don't want to face another global heating wave and climate changes. 


There was a huge mulberry tree behind of the house but there was not any fruit on it. The sour mulberry is my favourite one but they asked for 9 Euros for a small tree so I decided to make grafting to the current tree. Thank to internet, easy to reach lots of information. 

Found a sour black mulberry at Podgorica and cut two branches to use for grafting. Made 16 in total and after destroying of sun and bigger kittens, achieved to save 12 of them which is amazing for me. 

Even I have one mulberry already on it and this is the first fruit of the tree. 

To make this grafting is a bit easier than other for me. Mostly both trees have to be coming from the same family. You need to peel and replace one of the shoot and tight like on the photos. Mostly in 10 days it is show as OK or not. 

From beginning of the August until mid  September possible to apply. Looking for other mulberry varieties to add to the same tree to have them all. 

Take care and stay safe
We





Comments

  1. I have read your entire blog in one day. All I did today was read your blog. You are impressive. And I hope you will take some time to be gentle to yourself, after all the work you have done to try to save the kittens, and so many of them dying. I hope someday I can make it to Montenegro and we can meet, and talk about cats and gardens and knitting, and the mountains and rivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment. Will listen your advise and taking a break today. If your way pass by Montenegro, coffee on me. I love to meet with new friends and even learn from their experiences.

      Delete
    2. I would love that. I am thinking about making a quick trip in the next few weeks. Still deciding (Covid etc) - but I can't get this country out of my mind until I visit!

      Delete
    3. Been at New York, Fort Lauderdale and Miami at USA. If I compare Montenegro with these three cities, can say that perfect place to live the nature and listen the serenity. Total population of the country is around 625.000. Still in progress of establishing hence have some minuses but for me this amazing untouched nature worth to face with minuses.

      Delete

Post a Comment