Tourist trap at Trebinje!!!

 Good morning from another early day,

Yesterday went to Dubrovnik, will share separately, this time I wish to share how to get trapped at Trebinje.

As you remember I visited this city at the beginning of August and loved it. The texture of the city is amazing. Yesterday, on the way back of Dubrovnik, wished to stop by to discover more and make some shopping, I need new eye glasses first of all.

Bosnia i Hercegovina is one of the candidate country of EU but still does not accept Euro; only local currency. I found a bank on maps and entered to a street close by.

This sign was at the end of the street but there was not any worker or payment machine around; I checked streets around the car and couldn't see. Even as a tourist,I do not have Bosnian phone number. 

So, I wen to the bank. Exchanged some Euros and went to market just after the bank to buy a few and came back to the car. In total 20-25 minutes.


This paper was on the glass with a warning note and a lock on the tyre. Thank God I came back to the car immediately otherwise would be stuck at Trebinje due to working hours of banks. And even the paper was in Cyrillic alphabet and I have no single idea what is written there!

There was not any officer of the parking service or any payment machine; how should I pay the fee? Even (I guess) there was not any information as I have to call them to unlock the tyre; 

After the payment, I waited more than 30 minutes for them. Then a family saw me and they called them to come, waited another 10 minutes.

There is no information for tourists as how to make it correctly or easily. When I parked the car looked for them minimum 10 minutes but no chance. But somehow they find my car infront of an apartment. Ridiculous!

So; if you do not have a Bosnian phone number; DO NOT GO OR STOP BY TREBINJE! Or sit in the car until they come and find you if you do not want to get trapped as me. 

After this experience; did not do anything or shopping; just escaped from the city to avoid any more lose. To visit Trebinje or Bosnia; never ever again...

With love,
We 



Comments

  1. That's just awful. It really is a trap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Even his pocket was full of money like bank. That means I was not the only hunt of their trap. To visit Trebinje or Bosnia; never ever again for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment