International travel with pets

 Good morning from Zelcestan,

Based on international regulations of the pets, to have below listed items are a must;

- Pet must be older than 3 months (otherwise can not be vaccinated against to anything)

- Pet passport / vaccination certificate,

- Microchipped, 

- Vaccinated against to rabies,

- Titration test result, (This test is valid life time unless you do not skip the rabies vaccination regularly)

- Vaccination against to parasites before travel

- Health certificate from veterinary doctor.

In some cases, authorities can ask for additional documents but generally these are the documents for your four legged friends. 

Each airline and country have own regulations hence would be much more better to get in touch with airline and the authorities of the arrival country to avoid any problem for them. 

On every border I told as I have two cats with me (no way to hide them; also they were so curious to see what is going on outside and present themself directly) and show the documents. Nobody did not check the documents but still better to prepare everything. 

As mentioned above, each airline has own regulations for acceptance of pets to the flights. When we were coming from Antalya, had flight with Turkish Airlines which accepts only two pets with one passenger and only pets of one passenger for each flight. You can use one cage like we did if they are siblings or living together. If the weight and size are suitable; you are allowed to take them into the cabin. 

With our case they were 14 kilos in total with their box hence came as a hold luggage. Still remember my stress during the flight and asking to the crew and ground service a few hundreds times as "I have my cats on hold luggage, did you open the fresh air, is it hot enough for them, did you control, did you transfer from domestic flight to international flight,.."  Most probably they made a party after our take off 😁

If you are travelling with car like we did last time; please take into consideration the duration of the trip. One or two hours can be OK but an international travel like we did with car (4250 km in total) will be torture inside of a box!

If you are following the blog, you should remember the seperation wall of the car what I did to comfort them during this trip.

And even on each break; I passed to behind to join them. Benek crossed the fence several times; once dropped on my legs when I was driving with the speed of 90 km and several times from under the mesh and said meow between my legs! They love to touch me all the time. 

Every single day I was starting to run around 7 until midnight and they were resting and enjoying with room.
 
Still they were so exhausted when we arrived to home. Benek started to scream with different tones and repeated more less during the half of the road. A few times (actually several times) devil poked me to stop and open the door but of course I didn't do that 😁

And even the day after still so tired. Did my best to give them a full comfort habitat with space, toilet, food and fresh water but they got effected. Therefore please, pay attention to your four legged friends as much as you can.

Take and stay safe
We










Comments

  1. You are an excellent cat mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much; I did not give birth to them but still they are my cat kids ❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment