50 shades of hot

Good morning from Montenegro,

Originly I am from Adana; one of the city of Turkey located on the Mediterranean and well known with kebab and hot spices.

Here, at Montenegro almost no hot pepper which os like a torture for me. Yesterday one of neighbour said that at Zabljak one of the farm has hot pepper field but could not find the address; yet 😈

When I was at Antalya, stopped by the fresh market which was so close to the technical service for oil change of the car. Almost all around the Turkey, you can find different varieties of hot and really hot peppers with very small amounts. I bought around 2 kilos and paid more less 1.5 Euros for all. 

I promised to the pepper farm at Spuz from where I bought the peppers in August to make pepper sauce to share Chilli pepper seeds. On our return, stopped by there to give seeds and also from these babies; sharing is good.


When we went to dinner with my dear friend Deniz who stored my leftover belongings for almost two years (normally I should pick on March 2020 but thank to Corona), they brought hot red pepper too. This is very common in Turkey, we eat hot a lot. 

Most probably I was not seem as normal from outside when was eating hot peppers with dinner; the owner of the restaurant Fatma brought a pack for me as a gift; such a big pleasure and treasure for me!


Yesterday it was rainy hence evaluated the day with cleaning of the dried peppers for seed by friends. I felt myself incredibly rich on this short trip to Turkey. Whoever I saw was packed something or collected something for me such as hot peppers, sincere thanks to them all. 

Just a friendly advise and warning; do not touch your face or eyes after you clean hot peppers; that burning lasts several hours!

These small bombs were a bonus; saw them infront of a petrol station and pleased to take two and they let me take. They were like kiss a dragon while it is spreading the flames!

So, 2022 will be full of hot for me. Already started to prepare the areas for seeds. 

Take care and stay safe
We

PS:If you like the blog, would you like to share it? 



 



Comments

  1. I cannot eat peppers. They just hurt me! When I was in Zabljak, twice I saw women with bags of peppers the size of a bed pillow, leaving the Zoli. I thought they bought them there at the grocery store, but perhaps they got them from the local farmer? It's good to know they can grow them up there. If I buy a house there I am already wondering what I can grow. It won't be peppers though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red peppers are commonly in use at Montenegro to make "ajvar" a side dish to be used like sauce or even breakfast and also pepper salad. Such a big tragedy for me all sweet. Heard that there is a farm at Zabljak who has hot pepper but couldn't go there yet. Hot peppers are a part of my home city culture and cuisine. Yummmyyyyy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative sources.

    Mold spreads spores that can make you sick so spread many diseases in your family, including asthma attacks and other respiratory problems that are more life threatening.

    You can click here for more information so that you can get the best most testing service

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, especially the black mold can cause serious health problems hence has to be careful on that issue. I do not have this problem at home but love to have a look and share with friends. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment