From Antalya to Danilovgrad with car

 Good morning from a rainy day,

After finishing the official tasks as much as I can, started to the return drive. As wrote before, the health report of Benek and Haylaz was valid for 10 days hence I scheduled the trip as to be back here on 9th day to avoid any problem. 

When I was at Montenegro, wrote to forums as how to do, where to go and received the answer a bit late for route. Due to lack of the communication with Greece, preferred the route avoiding them and based on an advise took a path Turkey-Bulgaria-Macedonia-Kosovo-Albania-Montenegro. 

An angel from heaven arrived to Istanbul at the end of August. I was wishing to see him therefore gave the break in Istanbul on return. Just ignore 8 hours 57 minutes duration of drive information. The did not calculate the traffic! It took more than one hour to pass Izmit. 

Normally I bought HGS (motorways and tolls card) and installed credit but still did my best to use the no toll roads. 

It took approximately 12 hours from Antalya to Istanbul. Even they accepted cat kids and we spend the night there and slept together. 
This time it shows via Avrasya Tunnel but I did not use it; I can not use it! Several times I had problem with sea/water and I can not go under the water, even with car therefore drove around and use Fatih Sultan Mehmet bridge to pass from Asia to Europe. It was shown as 1.350 km distance when I put on GPS. 

Exit from Turkey was easy, enter to Bulgaria was a bit difficult. Regardless from nationality or car plate, custom is checking every car.


My leftovers at Antalya and foods from friends for winter filled the trunk. Thank God only at the entrance of Bulgaria they asked to discharge the trunk, otherwise would be a real cardio to load and unload them at every border.


Mostly they are looking for cigarettes; Bulgaria allowed only two packs (not box) of cigarette. After checking, they give you a paper as this and allowed to enter to the country. Without this paper you can not pass from the barriers.

I drove until Macedonia with a few small coffee breaks and gave a small sleeping break but woke up within 30 minutes with shaking and freezing; it was minus 2 outside and even inside of the car was so cold. Intended to give break at Kosovo but not aware of the surprise!


We didn't have this paper before, on the way back they issued this and gave 3 hours to leave the country for transit pass. They said 2 hours is more than enough and 3 hours will be OK for me 😭

My body was begging for sleep of 15 minutes even intended to sleep while I was driving. Gave a small coffee break and once closed my eyes with hands for two minutes. Left Kosovo within 2 hours, 20 minutes. On exit they took the paper and that is it, even did not check my passport. 

Stopped on the first suitable petrol station and slept for around two hours which filled my battery very well. Then continued to Montenegro and around 10 entered to Montenegro. 

Due to two greedy and cheater sellers, could not buy food for Benel and Haylaz from Turkey, wrote to the shop at Montenegro on the way and they prepared two packs for us and stopped by to pick up. 

Around 12 was at home, incredibly tired, sleepy, exhausted but did it. This was one of the big challenge on my life; to drive around 4.250 km, cross all these countries, handle them all. 

Seems as my cat kids are much more tired than me ❤❤

I did my best to share the details of the trip as much as I can. If you have any question, more than welcome. 

Sincerely
We 

 

Comments

  1. My limit for driving is about 4 hours a day. I don't know how you did this. I would have fallen asleep, crashed, and died. I'm glad you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove to Tirana airport in August to pick up a close friend and that was the longest route I ever drive. A few times felt really sleepy and stopped by the petrol stations and slept on the back seat with kids. They were not happy when they see me but can not touch me (even Benek crossed several time to sit or sleep on my lap). We did it 💪🏽

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment