Preparations for winter

 Good evening after a gap,

I do my best to update the blog and share the experiences as much as I can but still so far; sorry.

Several months ago, one of the goat of a neighbour eaten one of my cherry tree which is so so rare here but also my favourite one; the white/yellow cherry. My yes kept blinking when I saw the tree and didn't want to believe in to my eyes!

The neighbour who is the owner of the goat offered to buy another tree but they do not have that type of cherry here, at Montenegro and even did not want to bother anyone.

Around the end of September I was asking for a chemical to get fight with melolontha melolontha larvae who killed my peach, sour cherry and lemon tree (😭). And he offered me a lemon tree which is quite rare (this big) and expensive at Montenegro.

I understood as one and when we went to there to pick up the trees, he gave both. Especially I asked to neighbour who speaks English and Montenegrin as are you sure a d he said yes. You should see my face; a huge smile! 

The climate of Danilovgrad and Zagorak and suitable for citrus trees. Even a big part of hte new planted trees need a winter and frost protection to be able to survive from frost bites. 

After placing them on ground, covered with this frost blankets. Almost all garden centres at Montenegro are selling this product. Mostly the width is 4 meters and 30 gram/sqm. As you recognise from the photo, this product lets sunshine inside and reduce the cold effect. I saw new leafs and even flowers on them. Kids of mother cat love to play inside of these tents. Almost every day they move them and I correct/cover again. 


Grew three orchid trees (Bauhinia variegata) from seeds starting from last year and planted them to the front garden on Monday. These small ghosts on the garden are orchid trees. 

They say that, the trees which planted in autumn grows one year before then spring trees. The cause of this is; by and between autumn and spring; period of root growing. By and between spring to autumn is the period of blooming and fruits. Therefore if you plant a tree in autumn, you will give more chance to grow. 

Also, more less in October you have to apply lime to the body of the all trees especially to the young ones. This has to be applied twice a year; for autumn to protect from frost bites and parasites, for spring protect from parasites. 

Take care and stay safe,
We

PS: If you like the posts; would you like to share them to reach more readers? 







Comments

  1. You must be so proud of your three seed baby ghost trees!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much; I would be so happy if can keep them alive and have flowers. They are blooming with the colours of pink, white and purple; such an amazing colour show. PS:planning to make a few ghosts with lights on the garden for Halloween 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment