Learning; an endless journey

 Good evening from Balkans,

As you know I am from Mediterranean part of Turkey which means almost 180 degrees different than Balkans for weather, climate, nature...

But, as wrote on the header, learning is an endless journey and I love to learn new things to upgrade my mind. Once more thank to my neighbours who are the biggest supporter on this journey.

Almost every garden has a kiwi here. I was so suprised when I saw the flowers first time and even could not recognise what is this flower. Kiwi is one of the plant/fruit grow on the Black Sea part of Turkey and I never seen until I come to Montenegro. 

Some of plants need to be two to be able to produce fruits or vegetables. And even some plants like kiwi have genders. On the left side a female kiwi flower and on the tight side a male kiwi flower. As you see on the photos, female one has a small part in the middle which looks like a mini kiwi and actually this is kiwi. Male flower drops after fertilization and kiwi grows there.

After collecting the fruits, it is time to trim kiwis. Normally a big part of the trees get trimmed in March but with kiwi neighbours made in January and I followed them. (Also grapes and roses have to be trimmed in January) 

I need a new stand for kiwis but could not manage the budget, time and help yet. Made the current stand with scrap woods but kiwi is growing so fast and need a metal construction/stand. 



Based on neighbours application, these branches which covers each other have to be cut. With this way the tree can grow more healthy and free. 

For now, the season of kiwi is closed. Time to handle other gardening tasks. 

Take care and stay safe,
We 







Comments