Miraculous fruit of nature; persimmon

Good morning from a rainy day,

Persimmon is one of the valuable gift of nature to human. I believe in as doesn't get evaluate enough by people.

Like kiwi, almost every garden has persimmon tree. As wrote before, they wait until they are ripe enough then eat with a spoon but that's it.

A big part of the persimmon fruits do not have strength hence you can not store them for a long time, will be rotten quickly. With me; I have plenty different products of persimmons;


To peel and dry them; this one takes a bit time; has to dry slowly then the sugar of the fruit (that white powder on it) will appear. With this way you can store up to ine year (this is what I tested, can be longer) in the fridge. As far as I know, in Asia it is very popular to consume. 


Slice and dry them in the oven. Also this has to be done slowly; I am using the oven of the wood stove. More less two trays per night. You can keep in the fridge and consume more less in 3 months. Can be stored longer if you have a vacuum package equipment. 


Marmalade of persimmons; using the ripped persimmons. Clean them, mesh with blender and cook with some sugar. Adding a few cloves inside while cooking and taking out before I put them in jars. 



Vinegars; I should filter within 15 days but completely forgot when I was taking care of with sick kitten and puppies. Stayed in jars around 25 days; maybe that's why the colour changed to this one or maybe this is the right colour, I do not know yet, first time I tried to make vinegar from persimmon. Planning to evaluate with salads and also drink with warm water time to time.

This year I am quite timeless, otherwise would love to make persimmon flowers as I made last year...


Do not want to bother with benefits of this amazing fruit but please have a look to internet. Today, a big part of the people ignored nature and cook at home. And even evaluate the sources. 

Take care and stay safe,
We





Comments

  1. Daha neler neler uretebilirsin ondan diye hayal gucumu zorluyorum ama daha eklediklerinden òteye gidemedim. :)) Hepsi enfes gorunuyor tatlarina bakmak icin sabirsizlaniyorum. Bilirsin hercainin sagi solu belli olmuyor. :) Siz'e sevgilerrr 🌸😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonsuz tesekurler. Doganin insanin ihtiyaci olan herseyi verdigine inaniyorum; acgozluluk yapip fazlasini isteyen biziz aslinda. Butceyi ayarlayabilirsem bir ufak sera yapmak niyetim limonlarin ustune. Yapabilirsem esas eglence ondan sonra baslar sanki. Bizlerden de yurek dolusu selamlar, sevgiler

      Delete

Post a Comment