Back to home!

 

Good afternoon after a long break,

The cut of the thumb was a bit bad; approximately 2 cm wide and half cm deep. Normally I should have stitch but still could not solve the health insurance issues hence I solved by my own the same as almost everything. Once more thank to my 14 years experiences at shipyards which also included first aid training.

Still have a bit pain hence do not force to thumb and use 9 fingers mostly that means I works go on our heaven.

 As you know; recycling and repurposing as much as I can is a habit for me. With this way reducing the expenses and decorating our heaven. I was collecting the empty cheese containers instead of putting them into the bin. A few days before the cut; made the concrete part:

 

Cut the textile with the size of the box whatever you want to use. I evaluate old bed sheets with this projects and so sorry for the ones I throw before. 


Prepare concrete with cement. I also add some white cement to increase the strength. Put the textiled inside of the concrete what you prepared and let it soak it,

 

Then shape by hand. I strictly advise to pass two more layers on them with a brush gently. This will create a thickness on the concrete.

 After this point; you have to spray some water on it twice a day to slow down the duration of drying. Otherwise the concrete will be like sand and destroyed quickly.

Now time to paint them. Normally I prepared the containers on the garden the took inside for painting and decorating. My mind was a bit full and my thumb was painful hence could not make as I wished but still liked the result.

Even made these two to gift two contacts who helped a lot for the stray cats and dogs here.

 

And the rest already took their places in front of one of the window. Now have to make more to decorate the rest of the windows.

As I always say; the sources of the world is not endless hence we must pay more attention /time for waste management and also recycling.

Take care and stay safe,

We 

 

 

 

 

So,

 

Comments

  1. Your thumb sounds really bad - I hope it heals ok. I cringe even reading about it. These plant pots are sweet. Do you put holes in the bottom for drainage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much; the hard part is passed and I guess the rest will come sooner. With the pots, Normally has to be for open air usage. The place where I put them is isolated from rain hence I did not open holes to them. The others, on the sides of garden path have holes for drainage of rain to protect plants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment