Back to blog

 Good afternoon from busy days.

After a small break on blog (was continuing on vlog at Zelcestan YouTube) backed to blog. 

Autumn means harvesting the grapes all around Montenegro. Almost all neighbours have grapes on their garden (me either) to make rakija and vine. Rakija is the traditional alcohol of Balkans which has approximately 45-55 % degrees of alcohol; quite strong. When you visit a house in Montenegro; they offer coffee and rakija together (or beer). My advise is not to drink alcohol if you are driving; up to you. 

It was ine of the rare job I wished to have two more hands. It was not easy to collect, carry, clean, wash, mesh and stock more less 300 kilos of grapes. Of course, at the end of the day I finished this too but most probably my body is still screaming especially spine (have problem with 3 disks) and knee (had a wrong surgery). And in addition hurt my right hand. As the song; "if can not kill me, makes me stronger".

Now, I have to mix it a few times every day during the fermentation. It takes approximately one month and then we will boil/cook it with apparat of neighbours. This winter will be quite hot with rakija 🥂😁

As you guess, the nights are becoming colder day by day and we are in Balkans. Normally outdoor cats have several places all around garden but they prefer to sleep on the old bed of Petra. Our sweet angel is missing since 18th August; hopefully she is in safe hands 🙏🏼

Last week we had plenty strong rains and that area had some effect from rain and I made this today;

So basic but also so effective. Protection from rain, wind and even from cold. They already started to use this place which is so good for me. 

Before winter starts; I must build a greenhouse over peppers and citrus trees. This week will go to there and most probably will start at the end of this week or maybe next week; depends on my hand. 

Take care and stay safe,
We 


Comments