From Montenegro to Turkiye with car

 Good evening from Balkans,

Do my best to update blog and vlog to share our experiences but still so far from the aim!

Since April I was planning to go to Turkiye to handle a few issues also pick up the items what I bought for garden. At the end did on 5th December, on my birthday. 

Before becoming mother of Benek and Haylaz; I was celebrating my birthday on different spots. Since then I was with them and even this year I was with them but celebrated somewhere on the mountains. 

Normally I use Google Maps for driving but this time it was a disaster! Several times almost crashed due to new algorithms of the application. Takes you wherever it wants, not wherever you have to go. 

Last summer, a paid road opened in Montenegro. I heard several stories about that road hence chosen "avoid paid roads / toll roads" section. No way!

Before the paid road, the road was not good but after; it was terrible! Down from mountain, lots of turns, snow, ice, fog, rain! For a 10 second, I lost the control of the car and chosen to crash to the mountain instead of crashing behind of a truck or down from hill.  



I am a Mediterranean person; we see snow on photos! 



Even Haylaz get road sickness and vomited several times. I underlined this road and marked as don't use! On shorts of vlog (Zelcestan YouTube) you can see the condition of the roads. 

I was planning to go via Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Bulgaria but somehow Google maps took me to Greece after Macedonia. Thankfully I have my Schengen visa, not Bulgaria one. Otherwise should drive to Bulgaria due to visa regime.

I used approximately 1,5 tanks of fuel, paid more less 20 Euros for paid roads. You have to pay cash therefore better to keep coins as much as you can. There is no parking facility to give breaks on the paid roads. They made some emergency parking spots but I did not feel safe to sleep and get out from toll road and stopped by a petrol station. 



Normally the date of my birthday is a sad date for my nephew but still she made a surprise and left this card to the bed. Also as a gift we went to hamam which was amazing for me. Foam, massage; a real refreshing!

Will add Turkiye to Montenegro part to another post. Don't want yo bother anyone. 

With love,
We 

Comments