Pumpkin dessert; Tested and approved

 Good afternoon from windy day,

I was planning to continue working on the garden but north wind (which is coming from Niksic direction with all freezing cold) has own plans hence stayed at home. 

As you know I am from Turkiye. A country which has an amazing and rich kitchen. When I add my nomad blood with "I love eating" personality; easy to create delicious dishes. 

When you translate into English it is becoming "Sweet pumpkin" but more than this. We are using pumpkins to create this traditional sweet. You can make it with lime, in oven or boiling. Due to limited opportunities, I used the way of boiling.

For Orthodox Noel, I cooked cabbage roles and shared with two neighbours to celebrate them. This pumpkin was one of the return. I told to neighbours that I am going to cook sweet for us but of course not easy to explain when I can't speak enough Montenegrin and they don't speak any English. Still we can communicate 😉

I washed the pumpkin and peeled, then sliced for pan. More less for two kilos of pumpkin, used 2 glass of sugar (mostly they use 3 glasses but I don't like so much sugar). Then let it during the night. In the morning started to boil it with own juice. No need to add water. More less 40-50 minutes of boiling will be enough.

You can check with a fork if it is soft enough or not. Then took them on a tray.

As dressing, we use sesame oil/tahin but also I couldn't find it here and forgot to bring from Turkiye in December. I always say that; "If you can describe the problem, you can find the solution". Tahin is made by sesame seeds which is available almost all markets. 

It is raw therefore you have to fry it without oil or something else.

You have to stir all the time to have an equal golden colour. When it is a bit colder, time to put into the blender until it becomes powder. I used 4 table spoon of olive oil and used the leftover syrup of the pumpkins and continued to blend them. Then time for quality control. 


As dressing we add walnut over tahin which gives additional taste. 

Bon appetit 🤤

With love,
We 




Comments