Garden terminators

 Welcome back to our world,

As mentioned before, Montenegrin kitchen is based on sweets mostly. Second line is for salty taste. You are quite lucky if you can find spicy or sour foods somewhere even vegetables or fruits.

Sour black mulberry and loquat are two of my favourite fruits for example and almost no way to find them. With hot peppers; it is more difficult, almost a struggle for me. Thankfully solved this out with growing on the garden. 

With sour black mulberry, grafting to the big tree on the garden and this year we have plenty fruits on it. Hope to paint my fingers and lips to red with them this summer 🤞🏼

Also when I went to Turkiye in December, brought some seedlings including loquat, yellow cherry, artichokes. Couldn't handle artichokes, only one of them survived from 15. First time I try to grow and especially during the earthquake period, I couldn't pay enough attention to them while I went to Tuzi to help for seperation and repackaging of the donations for Turkiye. 

Loquat seedling was getting bad day by day and when I intended to replace it; found this young August bug which was eaten all the roots of seedling!

Approximately 1,5 months ago we were chatting with neighbours and one of them said that there is a big, yellow and sour wild plum variety grows on the mountains of Montenegro. I asked for the address and thankfully they made a surprise and brought one to me. I planted directly to our heaven. It was good but since 7-10 days started to get bad. 

When you plant a tree; it has to stay there. Otherwise the roots, especially new roots can be damaged during replacement. But this type of the emergency situations are exceptions. So, I dig it out from the soil and also started to search for what damaged the roots.


Here you go; one Melolontha Melolontha (known as May bug) . As August bug; only one of them is enough to kill a seedling. When the trees get bigger, have more roots which means more stronger. But when they are a seedling...

The same as loquat, took plum to a pot and started to apply rooting hormones. Crossed my fingers to save them. Possible to use some chemicals to kill them all but those chemicals can harm cats easily hence I have to find out a way to solve this problem immediately...

Take care,
We 


Comments