Back to blog

 Good afternoon after a huge gap,

Lots of things happened, up and downs, starts and ends... and I am here again. 

Actually, I had a lot to share but don't know how many posts I need for that. OK, will start with the paperworks.

Based on the regulations, for renewal of the residence permit; you should apply no later than 30 days. Every year I was applying before more less 45 days to be sure no delay/problem. Delay of the delivery is a big problem; car registration is connected with residence permit and no residence permit means no car registration!


When I went to MUP Danilovgrad on 11th December; they said that they don't have system and I have to come back around 20th December. As mentioned before; for renewal of the residence permits, you need copy of all pages of the passport and original house ownership document from municipality. I was a bit restless but also desperate and went back on 20th December (31 days before expiry date). They took the application this time but gave a delivery date on 29th January!

This date can cause big problems for me. Two times sent e-mails to Ministry of Internal Affairs but no response so far. Asked to foreigners forums and seems as many foreigners have the same experience. Still didn't want to risk and went to car inspection point with documents and explained the situation to them. 

As a habit, do my best to shop/to business with the same places. Several times had benefit of this and once more it worked (thankfully). They accepted to make inspection and renew the insurance if I still can't take the new residence permit on time. 

Once more I will try and stop by MUP to see if they have new residence permit or not, then will gor to car inspection for annual control of my car. Last year had a problem with hand brakes, hopefully this year all will be OK 🤞🏼


Take care,

We 

Comments