DIY wood log at Zelcestan

 Good afternoon from Zelcestan,

Due to increased works to be completed gave a gap and now back to blog to share our experiences about Montenegro and nature of Balkans.

As mentioned several times; if you have a garden; size doesn't matter; works will never finish. If you are following our journey, I made a wood log approximately four years ago with scrap wood. As you guess, due to extreme temperature changes, it was screaming to be replaced, and I did it. 

GMG Danilovgrad is my temple for metal materials. You can ask them to cut or you can order as it is. Normally the length of the metal profiles are standard; 6 meters. If you order in more quantities, they make delivery as well. (I guess they have a kilometre limit, better to ask to them directly to avoid any problem). 


 First step was measuring and drawing the project. When I have this on my hand, the rest is quite easy. After drawing the project, went to GMG Metal Danilovgrad. I was needed only five and they don't make delivery for this less hence asked to a friend who has a trailer to carry metals. 

Now I have to prepare a mould for concrete base. Surface isn't straight hence used small stones even broken tiles to balance the surface before add concrete. 

A few last minutes changes with project. Made it 25cm narrower than the plan due to crossing edges with current placement of Zelcestan. The cutting machine was one of my fear but due to conditions, started to use it here. PS: Never ever use it without protection glasses! 


Work in progress 😉

We were always having arguments with one of my sister (also with many female and even male friends) as of I have to act as a woman and let all these to men. Guys; to dirt my hands is my honour, not shame! 


I guess I am one of the person who has a lot toys to play with 😁. Of course these are not all what I have. 


Thank to friend who has welding machine and came for that. When you put concrete be sure that weather is not more than 35 and you water concrete at least once a day (early in the morning or evening) to make it stronger. If it gets dry so fast, doesn't have enough strength. 

Here you go; started to place woods for winter. Don't laugh but forgot to paint the metal profiles and now impossible to make it without taking out all wood; and no way! It can wait until I finish this wood. 🤷🏽‍♀️

So, this is the short story of DIY wood log at Zelcestan. See you in another project.

With love 
We 



   


Comments

  1. Congrats. Its so beautiful and useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am creating our heaven with my hands and shag experiences with others who might wish to do something similar.

      Delete

Post a Comment